J Bear Bear Viewing
$650 per person
- Per Person 7 years or older
The guided bear tours consist of a 30-75 minute scenic flight to Lake Clark or Katmai National Park. You and your pilot will hop on the plane in Homer, AK and fly over the Cook Inlet. You and your guide will spend 3 hours walking through the park, where we guarantee you will see bears. You will have the opportunity to walk along the coast and see these magnificent animals. The pilot decides the location each day depending on the bear activity and weather. We want to give you the best trip possible. Our airplane like all airplanes has a weight limit. Our max weight per passenger is 250 lbs. fully clothed. We do allow about 10 lbs. over the 250 lbs. for a day bag (camera, snacks, water…).
Katmai National Park is located in Southern Alaska. It is most famous for its Alaskan brown (grizzly) bear population. Hallo Bay, located in Katmai, stretches for several sandy miles at the base of the Aleutian Islands made up of many volcanoes. Lake Clark National Park’s coast has no roads or towns, but is rich in wildlife. Bears in Chinitna Bay and Silver Salmon Creek, both located in Lake Clark, see people nearly every day and do not see humans as a food source and we strive to keep it that way. We can not wait to show you this beautiful part of Alaska.
Check out this great video from Lake Clark National Parks: A Day on the Lake Clark National Park Coastline https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vECVDeQ3po
What to Bring
Being prepared will help you enjoy your trip to its fullest potential.
1. Dressing in layers gives you the convenience to be comfortable in all weather and on the plane. A rain coat can help keep you dry. We will provide waders to keep your feet and legs dry.
2. Bring Water to drink.
3. Please bring crew length socks. Socks that cover more than your ankles.
4. Snacks are always welcome but can only be eaten in a particular spot designated by your guide. Eating in the plane is not allowed. This will help reduce the bears curiosity of the airplane.
5. Firearms and bear spray are not allowed on the airplane for everyone’s safety.