Looking to cruise Kachemak Bay or need a ride for an overnight trip? Cold Water Taxi can do both. Book your cruise online today!
World-Class Halibut Fishing from Homer
Get ready for a day of world-class deep sea halibut fishing in Kachemak Bay and Lower Cook Inlet! You have just the right amount of time to get two delicious halibut and still plan for other great activities the same day. In the five to six hours you spend with us, we travel between 20 and 25 miles each way to get you into some fantastic fishing.
This half-day trip features the Bella Vita, a six-person vessel that is used exclusively for halibut fishing trips. Faster than the large half-day boats, it is able to get to the fishing grounds faster, allowing more time for halibut fishing! It’s the perfect vessel for people with strict time limits and private parties of four to six anglers.
All captains are U.S.C.G. licensed and take pride in their comfortable, safe vessels.
- All tackle
- All bait
- Fish filleting
- One-on-one instruction and personal assistance from the crew
- The boat has a heated cabin and restroom for your convenience
- What to Bring
- An Alaska fishing license for anyone 16 or over. These are available when you check in at Central Charters. They can be purchased by the day, week, two weeks, or season.
- Salmon Stamp if your trip includes fishing for king salmon.
- Anything you would like to eat or drink.
- Dress for the weather. Layers are the best, with a rain jacket or windbreaker just in case.
- Rubber or waterproof shoes are great if you have them, but not necessary. Just watch your feet when they rinse the deck.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- If seasickness is a concern, most folks have great success with non-drowsy medications such as Bonine or Dramamine 2. It is usually best to take a half dosage 12 hours prior to your trip and a full dosage just prior. These medications can also make you a little thirsty, so please bring some extra water if you use them.