We offer Halibut only trips and Halibut & Rockfish combos! A fishing trip on the Crusader is sure to be a memory that will last a life time!
Half-Day Fishing on the Crusader
- 1/2 Day Halibut Per Person Thursdays through Tuesdays
- Special 1/2 Day Halibut Per Person Wednesdays only
Half-Day Fishing on the Crusader
Get ready for a day of world-class deep sea halibut fishing in Kachemak Bay and Lower Cook Inlet! You have just the right amount of time to get two delicious halibut and still plan for other great activities the same day. In the 5.5 hours you spend with us, we travel between 20 and 25 miles each way to get you into some fantastic fishing.
The twin 300HP outboards offer a quiet fast ride, allowing your Captain to regal you with fishing stories and adventures at sea. The Crusader slices through the water speeding to the fishing grounds to maximize your time with lines in the water.
This half-day trip features the Crusader, a six-person vessel that is used exclusively for halibut fishing trips. Faster than the large half-day boats, it is able to get to the fishing grounds faster, allowing more time for halibut fishing! It’s the perfect vessel for people with strict time limits and private parties of four to six anglers.
The Crusader offers a full day fishing experience on a half-day time frame. Unlike the larger half-day boats the Crusader is great for one on one time between you and the Captain. Less people means a more unique and memorable experience for you and your party.
No experience necessary! Our Captain will help you with every aspect of catching fish and having a blast at the same time!
If you join us on one of our special Wednesday half day Halibut trips, on the Bella Vita or the Crusader, the important thing to note is that there is no size restriction on your halibut limit so you are able to catch and keep two halibut of any size.
The minimum age allowed for the safety of everyone on board is 6 years old. If you have a family with members younger than 6 please call us to talk about booking a private charter for just your group. By booking a private boat the age limit is more flexible.
All our captains are U.S.C.G. licensed and take pride in their comfortable, safe vessels.
Due to the current Halibut fishing regulations there is no charter halibut fishing trips on any Wednesdays, HOWEVER, Central Charters can still offer Halibut fishing charters for you on Wednesdays. We can do this because of the Federally sponsored GAF program that allows the conversion of commercial halibut quota to sport fish quota. Please give us a call for a more in-depth explanation. The short version is we can legally take you halibut fishing on Wednesdays, come fish with us!
2024 halibut regulations; two halibut per person per day with no annual limit. Each day you can retain one halibut of any size and one halibut that is 28 inches (in overall length) or less. No Halibut fishing on Wednesdays (unless you go Halibut fishing with Central Charters on one of our special two fish any size, Wednesday half day halibut trips).
- All tackle
- All bait
- Fish filleting
- One-on-one instruction and personal assistance from the crew
- The boat has a heated cabin and restroom for your convenience
- An Alaska fishing license for anyone 16 or over. These are available when you check in at Central Charters. They can be purchased by the day, week, two weeks, or season.
- Salmon Stamp if your trip includes fishing for king salmon.
- Anything you would like to eat or drink.
- Dress for the weather. Layers are the best, with a rain jacket or windbreaker just in case.
- Rubber or waterproof shoes are great if you have them, but not necessary. Just watch your feet when they rinse the deck.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- If seasickness is a concern, most folks have great success with non-drowsy medications such as Bonine or Dramamine 2. It is usually best to take a half dosage 12 hours prior to your trip and a full dosage just prior. These medications can also make you a little thirsty, so please bring some extra water if you use them.